IMPORTANT NOTEIf you would like our assistance in bidding for this tender, please contact us using the form at the end of this post.
Section I: Contracting authority
Villa Gualino, viale Settimio Severo 65
For the attention of: Procurement Officer
10133 Turin TO
Telephone: +39 0116302222
Fax: +39 0116302204
General address of the contracting authority: http://www.etf.europa.eu
Electronic access to information: http://www.etf.europa.eu/web.nsf/pages/Open_tenders
Further information can be obtained from: The above mentioned contact point(s)
Specifications and additional documents (including documents for competitive dialogue and a dynamic purchasing system) can be obtained from: The above mentioned contact point(s)
Tenders or requests to participate must be sent to: The above mentioned contact point(s)
European institution/agency or international organisation
General public services
Other: Human resources development, labour market, vocational education and training.
The contracting authority is purchasing on behalf of other contracting authorities: no
Section II: Object of the contract
Provision of writing services in English, Arabic and Russian.
Service category No 27: Other services
The notice involves the establishment of a framework agreement
Duration of the framework agreement
Duration in years: 4
Estimated total value of purchases for the entire duration of the framework agreement
Estimated value excluding VAT: 750 000 EUR
The ETF seeks support in drafting effective and engaging written content about its activities in English for a range of communication and expertise material. The ETF also requires copy-editing in Arabic and Russian on the basis of source material normally submitted in English.
Given the subject of the contract, participation in this call for tenders is open to all natural and legal persons that are established (domicile or headquarters respectively) in the EU, Albania, the former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia, Iceland, Liechtenstein, Montenegro, Norway and Serbia.
The contract is covered by the Government Procurement Agreement (GPA): no
This contract is divided into lots: no
Variants will be accepted: no
II.2)Quantity or scope of the contract
II.2.1)Total quantity or scope:
This contract is subject to renewal: yes
Number of possible renewals: 3
In the case of renewable supplies or service contracts, estimated timeframe for subsequent contracts:
in months: 12 (from the award of the contract)
Duration in months: 12 (from the award of the contract)
Section III: Legal, economic, financial and technical information
III.1)Conditions relating to the contract
III.1.1)Deposits and guarantees required:
Please refer to tender documents.
III.1.3)Legal form to be taken by the group of economic operators to whom the contract is to be awarded:
III.1.4)Other particular conditions
III.2)Conditions for participation
Information and formalities necessary for evaluating if the requirements are met: Please refer to tender documents.
2. The table on the tenderer’s financial stability duly filled in and signed by legal representative (available for download at the following link: http://www.etf.europa.eu/web.nsf/pages/Open_tenders).
Minimum level(s) of standards possibly required: The tenderer must be able to prove that he is in a stable financial position and meets the following financial stability parameters.
For profit-making organisations:
1. the ratio between short-term assets and short-term debts should be above 1;
2. the ratio between own funds and total liabilities should be above 0,2;
3. the net profit should be positive;
4. the annual global turnover should be at least twice the average contract value for a year (375 000 EUR).
For non-profit organisations:
1. the ratio between short-term assets and short-term liabilities should be above 1;
2. the ratio between net assets or equity and total liabilities should be above 0,2;
3. the gross operating surplus should be positive;
4. the annual global revenues should be at least twice the average contract value for a year (375 000 EUR).
Information and formalities necessary for evaluating if the requirements are met:
1. A list of services similar to those described in the terms of reference, implemented over the past 2 years, including dates, values and names of recipients of the service.
2. The CV of the person that the contractor proposes as the main point of contact for the ETF.
3. 2 CVs of writers that demonstrate the required experience in each of the following languages: English, Arabic and Russian.
Minimum level(s) of standards possibly required:
1. At least 2 years of experience in managing writing services.
2. The contractor must have a network of native language, or equivalent, writers or journalists who can work in English, Arabic and Russian and have 2 years’ experience in writing about education, training, skills and labour market issues in emerging and transition economies.
III.2.4)Information about reserved contracts
III.3)Conditions specific to services contracts
Execution of the service is reserved to a particular profession: no
Legal persons should indicate the names and professional qualifications of the staff responsible for the execution of the service: no
Section IV: Procedure
IV.1)Type of procedure
IV.1.2)Limitations on the number of operators who will be invited to tender or to participate
IV.1.3)Reduction of the number of operators during the negotiation or dialogue
The most economically advantageous tender in terms of the criteria stated in the specifications, in the invitation to tender or to negotiate or in the descriptive document
An electronic auction will be used: no
IV.3.3)Conditions for obtaining specifications and additional documents or descriptive document
IV.3.5)Date of dispatch of invitations to tender or to participate to selected candidates
Any EU official language
Duration in months: 6 (from the date stated for receipt of tender)
ETF premises, Turin, Italy.
Persons authorised to be present at the opening of tenders: yes
Additional information about authorised persons and opening procedure: 1 representative for each tenderer.
Section VI: Complementary information
This is a recurrent procurement: no
The contract is related to a project and/or programme financed by European Union funds: yes
Reference to project(s) and/or programme(s): ETF is an EU agency.
Tender documents will be available for download at the address indicated under the heading I.1. The website will be updated regularly and it is the tenderers’ responsibility to check for updates and modifications during the tendering period.
VI.4)Procedures for appeal
If you believe there was maladministration, you may lodge a complaint to the European Ombudsman within 2 years of the date when you became aware of the facts on which the complaint is based (http://www.ombudsman.europa.eu). Such complaint does not have as an effect either to suspend the time limit to launch an appeal or to open a new period for lodging an appeal.
Within 2 months of the notification of the award decision you may lodge an appeal to the body referred to under heading VI.4.1.
VI.4.3)Service from which information about the lodging of appeals may be obtained
Please contact us on this specific tender using this form.